For the record, I'm neither an academic nor a scholar, and admittedly, I've never been to many of the places posted here. So if someone should find a mistake, or believe I omitted something, please feel free to email me and I'll correct it.

I can be contacted at dms2_@hotmail.com.

Friday, November 24, 2023

GAZA'S IGNORED HISTORY

On  25 November, synagogues from all over the world will be participating in a mass Kaddish to commemorate the ethnic cleansing of Jews from Arab countries as well as to honor their burial places. But for this year, we should also remember another Jewish community that was also destroyed. As the war against Hamas rages on, it is important that the mass Kaddish should also include the former Jewish community of Gaza which was ethnically cleansed in 1929 during the Arab pogroms that took place that year throughout Mandatory Palestine.  The following brief history of Gaza  is found here


No comments:

Post a Comment