For the record, I'm neither an academic nor a scholar, and admittedly, I've never been to many of the places posted here. So if someone should find a mistake, or believe I omitted something, please feel free to email me and I'll correct it.

I can be contacted at dms2_@hotmail.com.

Sunday, February 6, 2022

JERUSALEM PAST AND PRESENT

Jerusalem has been the capital of the nation of Israel for over 3000 years since the time of King David, probably making it the longest serving capital city in the world. But because it is the Jewish capital, the present international community refuses to recognize it as such. So if you’re looking for some juicy anti-Semitic propaganda like distinguishing between “Arab East” and “West” Jerusalem, I suggest you go to the websites of the BBC or the Guardian or the LA Times or the NY Times, but you won’t find such propaganda here. I refuse to do that. And because Jerusalem is the Jewish capital, this post will focus only on the Jewish aspects of the city (unless it is important to mention otherwise), so get used to it!!!

For a brief historical overview of the city, see this posting on this blog.

Jerusalem isn’t as violent as people think it is. This article in the online version of the Jerusalem Post (jpost.com) describes briefly the many cultural events in the city in the first week of February 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment