For the record, I'm neither an academic nor a scholar, and admittedly, I've never been to many of the places posted here. So if someone should find a mistake, or believe I omitted something, please feel free to email me and I'll correct it.

I can be contacted at dms2_@hotmail.com.

Sunday, March 20, 2022

PRESENT-DAY AMMAN

In a few blog postings past, l mentioned that the Kingdom of Jordan was an Arab-occupied country, and I believe in another post, I referred to it as an artificial country created by the British. I think this deserves some clarification since it’s actually a bit more complex than that. While it is a simple fact that Jordan really is an artificial country with no historical basis, as far as it being Arab-occupied, well, that's only half true. In other words, half of it is true and half of it is not. The western part, especially the northwestern quarter, is indeed Arab-occupied since it historically belongs to Israel. The rest of the country has historically belonged to Arabia, so in that sense, Jordan is not as occupied as most countries in the region. The reason why I bring this up is because I decided to do a posting on the capital city of this artificial country, Amman, originally the ancient town of Ammon, capital of the Ammonites, located in the western Central part, just outside the borders of historic Israel, in Arabia. Today of course, it serves as “Jordan” ‘s political and financial hub.

For many years, anti-American sentiment has been rife in this city as in the rest of the country. America’s crime? Being allies of Israel. See this article written in Weave News in February.

I wonder if the present-day Ammonites ever thought about fixing their own problems at home instead of blaming everything on America and Israel. See this article in RoyaNews in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment