For the record, I'm neither an academic nor a scholar, and admittedly, I've never been to many of the places posted here. So if someone should find a mistake, or believe I omitted something, please feel free to email me and I'll correct it.

I can be contacted at dms2_@hotmail.com.

Sunday, March 6, 2022

COMPARING TO CURRENT EVENTS

From a Jewish perspective, the present conflict in Ukraine is very awkward. Both the leaders of Russia and the leaders of Ukraine are very friendly to Jews and have close relations with Israel. The question then arises: how do Jews relate to a leader, in this case, Putin of Russia, who may be a friend to Jews but a tyrant to other people, in this case, Ukrainians. This blog does not attempt to answer that but I have written on the subject in a roundabout way (nothing to do with Eastern Europe). See this posting written in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment