For the record, I'm neither an academic nor a scholar, and admittedly, I've never been to many of the places posted here. So if someone should find a mistake, or believe I omitted something, please feel free to email me and I'll correct it.

I can be contacted at dms2_@hotmail.com.

Sunday, January 31, 2021

NORTH AFRICA (TAMAZGHA)

The indigenous people of North Africa, the Berbers, or more properly, the Amazigh, have long suffered under the yoke of Arab supremacism. Often referred to as the "Maghreb", the Amazigh, instead, refer to their ancestral homeland as "Tamazgha", presently under Arab occupation. For more information on the indigenous people of Tamazgha, see postings under Algiers; Algeria; Atlas Mountains; Cyrenaica; Fez; Djerba; er Riadh; Libya; Casablanca; Morocco. More Berber postings to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment